Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hitting the Wall?



Welcome everyone ! This is the first posting to our blog and let me tell you this is huge step for us. I don't think Adam and I could be anymore of a better match when it comes to being the polar opposite of "tech savvy" people!


I am officially in my last trimester of pregnancy #1 which will determine if there will ever be a pregnancy #2 ! Here is a recap of how Adam and I learned about me being pregnant.



Title - "OMG I am pregnant! "



I found this out at a "sick doctors" visit a few days before Christmas 2008. I had been feeling miserable with bronchitis for over 3 weeks & I couldn't take it anymore. I finally went back to the doctors for a stronger antibiotic with the hopes of knocking it out of my system by Christmas Day.... Well come to find out that trip to Mexico the first week of November proved Adam and I can reproduce! LOL.... When I came home from the doctors, with no antibiotics in hand Adam immediately asked me why I didn't get any other medicine (he could not get quality sleep for these weeks with me hacking up a lung every night - sorry for the gross details!). My answer was definitely not what he expected to hear it went like this - "Um..... Because I Am Pregnant!!!"

In that split second both our faces turned to big smiles and we couldn't believe the news. It was one of those days in life that you wake up & go about your way (like you do any other day) and news comes out of know where that changes you forever. Needless to say from that day forward we have been making adjustments to our daily lives and gearing up for Baby Pavelchak, it is amazing, fun, & a little scary all in one feeling to think in less than 3 months our little one will make his debut to the world :) Here is a picture of Adam playing my sister's children, they absolutely love to play with him, he will for sure be a fun Dad for our little one!


And what I have been feeling like so far....

First Trimester - Tired, tired, tired....oh yeah and sick. Not fun but I do have to say that since I found out I was pregnant at 8 weeks this first trimester went by pretty fast. I obviously was feeling miserable in December with the bronchitis that hung around longer than usual since my body was changing so much and I had no clue! So December & January were very long months for me. I would get up out of bed, feel fine then walk down stairs thinking I will be on my way to the gym like I normally would do before work, only to find out I would be laying on the bathroom floor hoping to puke & get it over with. And then some days I would just feel like I was going to puke and never actually do it which was worse.

I quickly came to realize that my gym schedule needed to change from mornings to evenings. It is amazing what a body can do though... I was able to get through work OK and to the gym just fine after a full day. By the time I would get home and sit down for dinner with Adam there would be a 5 min. window before I would be asleep sometimes with the fork still in my hand! As you all know I am quite the chatter box so Adam was shocked that I could barely stay awake in the evenings by 7:30pm (I think secretly he was enjoying the quite time).

Second Trimester - lower back pain & feeling like I officially have a "muffin top". Now when I say muffin top I mean the kind of feeling that you can still fit your pants but your stomach spills all over the top of your pants making you feel terribly uncomfortable. What was worse was that no one could even tell I was pregnant and maternity clothing did not fit me yet.

Now getting to the back pain - this came and went over a period of the last 2 weeks of my first trimester & the first month of my 2nd trimester. It was only 6 weeks but it felt like hell going through it. My body was creating a hormone called "relaxin" that prepares your body for baby making. The hormone sometimes causes the ligaments in your body to be over stretched and in my case my lower back got it bad. I could barely sleep/sit/or lean forward without feeling the pain. Sometimes it was really sharp pains where it would stop me dead in my tracks. Over the 6 weeks I went to see a physical therapist & tried a chiropractor. The psychical therapist ended up being the route that worked best for me. And then one day about 5 weeks into the therapy I woke up and realized I slept better and the pain had subsided just like that! I didn't have to continue therapy which was nice and I am crossing my fingers this pain doesn't come back.


Another strange thing was that all along with this back pain I never felt it while jogging or swimming laps in the pool so I kept my workouts going with the a-ok from the doctor and never skipped a beat in that department. If you all don't know already I like to workout it has become part of my daily life and it keeps me balanced. Whether it is running, swimming, going to the gym or even cycling, I like it all. I especially keep it up while pregnant because the more active you are the more stamina you will have for the biggest marathon in life - DELIVERY!! Yikes... that word scares me.


Third Trimester - I have just begun this stage and will continue to add updates since at this point you visit the doctors every 2 weeks! To date I have only gained 12lbs. which is fine and I feel great, this Friday the 29th I have my gestational diabetes testing and I will also have my normal check up. The scale will be showing some bigger #'s for sure this go around, I feel like I have gained 5 lbs, every morning I wake up feeling heavier than the day before!

7 comments:

Soon to be a grandma said...

Nice job on the Krissy Chronicles! Looking forward to some pictures too!

Tamara & Ed said...

Great first blog entry! This aunt is happy that she will get her baby Pavelchak fill online!!

One critique from a fellow blogger - more pictures are a must! I took like a hundred pics of you this past weekend- I know you have lots more cute ones to post!!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I am so happy you are doing this! You look fantastic and I love your entry and learning all the past/current feelings. So great!
I am not a tech savvy person either. I must say your blog blows mine away already!! and Tams...well good lord that one is like a tech dynamo!
I have added your blog to my favorites and look forward to more postings....oh and hey...how bout a few baby bump pics?? Please??

wishing you well!
Dana

Tamara & Ed said...

Love the added photos to this blog entry! So proud of you sis with all of your new found tech talents! : )

Krissy said...

Thanks Tammy :) I think I am getting the hang of things now....you have molded & shaped me LOL....!!

Jess said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog; it was very flattering.

I enjoyed reading about your pregnancy so far, and it has many similarities to my own at this point. Good luck with the glucose test; it's not that bad!

Casey said...

Hello! I can totally relate to a lot of what you are saying! We are due ON Halloween, so while I am a little behind you (10 weeks behind to be exact!)--I'm so there. You look great! Way to keep active! I had to stop running due to preggo things but have taken up biking until the bambio makes it's arrival. Good luck! Keep us posted!