Tuesday, August 11, 2009

39 weeks & No signs of progress yet

Monday I had my 39 week appointment and all is well. With just one exception - the baby is a bit too cozy in there! I am making no progress towards a timely delivery it seems....no dilating or anything. My blood pressure was healthy and low as usual, the baby's heart rate was very strong and normal and my weight was fine. I am still loosing a little weight but that is ok - just a sign that I am nearing the end of my pregnancy.

Monday the 17th is my official due date and I have another appointment that day. At that time if I still have no signs of progress in the right direction they will talk about possibly inducing me sometime in the 41st week of pregnancy. That would make Baby Elias being born sometime in the week of August 24th. Lets hope things happen naturally on their own before then. Adam and I just want to meet this little guy finally! I know it will happen when he is good and ready but the waiting around wondering when he is going to come is hard to do!

No other news to report other than trying to find a comfortable sleeping position is increasingly hard to do and my ribs are still killing me. I am still going to the gym 4 days a week & everyone at the gym is probably wondering why I even bother but the more active you are the more it is supposed to get things "going". If at the very least all this working out and staying fit while pregnant is supposed to help with labor, delivery & recovery period. I just hope it really does!

4 comments:

Twila Bird said...

Oh, congratulations on the impending arrival of your little one! You must be super excited. The last few weeks seem to go on forever, don't they? I hope you can enjoy the last few nights of restful sleep!

I was a couple of weeks late with my first child and the night before I was to be induced, I went into labor. The doctor said that happens a lot - as if the baby knows and decides it's coming out on it's own, thank you very much!

Thank you for visiting my blog - I enjoyed your comment!

Michael and Dana said...

You look fantastic! Soooo good. Just like you swallowed a basketball. I was enormous at this stage. I had strangers asking me if I was having twins.
Yes- the working out really does help! I pushed Elijah out in about 1 hour and my doc said I would have likely had him out in 3 pushes if the cord wasnt around his neck. Oh and the 35 lbs I gained came off before my 6 week visit. You'll do great!

Krissy said...

Dana your kind words make me feel so much better! I hope the weight comes off fast, it isn't much weight but I don't want it still slapped on my as* next year this time! LOL....

RunnerGirl said...

You look so great! And I just love the name Elias, its my husband's middle name and will be our son's middle name when he arrives in October :)