Since we have been home on Wed. afternoon, the first few days have been going by pretty well so far :) . A few rough nights but one really good night so we are hoping for a repeat performance very soon! Overall, Elias is doing very well with breast feeding and on Monday we go back to the pediatrician to check that he is gaining weight appropriately. I think this appointment should go well since he is eating very regularly and seems to be passing enough dirty/wet diapers which means he is in good health.


We have learned lots of things he doesn't like so far and things he does like. He loves to be swaddled but can't stand his arms in the swaddle anymore. He HATES to have his diaper changed because that means he is cold! The other thing is that he really likes to be quite during the day and at night he has a period of time where he is a bit out of control, it doesn't last too long but you have to try just about everything to get him to stop fussing...my sister used to call this the "witching hour" with her first little one so we are hoping that this goes away in time.
I can't help but look at out little man, it is amazing to have him here and we just love him so much! Adam is a really great Dad too, he helps out everywhere possible with exception to the breast feeding of course! But if I need him to change the baby in the middle of the night or soothe the baby when I have done all I can he jumps right in.
Things should get a bit easier with feeding Elias around the 2-3 week mark I plan on introducing the bottle because I am going to start pumping my breast milk. I think it will be nice to have the option to have Adam feed the baby especially in the middle of the night.
So there you have it, that is our 4 day wrap up so far, we are learning allot with this process of being new parents and every day should get better as we learn what works and doesn't work.
Hope you all enjoyed the pictures !
1 comment:
He is so cute. Definitely has your nose!
Post a Comment