Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Elias meets Uncle Tommy!!



Adam's brother Tommy has been away for work since Elias was born and finally got to meet his nephew this past Sunday! We had a nice family dinner at Adam's parents house in celebration of Debbie's birthday, Tommy coming home, and my birthday.

Today I turned 29 years old, and as I sit on the couch watching "The View" holding our little guy in my arms I realize how far I have come. If you asked me years ago where I would be at 29 years old & what I would be doing, I would have probably said exactly what I am doing today. I always wanted to live my 20's by traveling places and enjoying a carefree life & being married without children for a few years. I also accomplished running a marathon and 3 triathlons, and of course graduating college enjoying ever minute of it.

We also wanted to have 1 child by the time I turned 30 so we are right on track with that too. Another goal that Adam and I were able to achieve was to finish all our major house projects prior to having children. We successfully did that and I have to say it was a fun process although it was allot of hard work. I can't see us having that time to do those types of projects right now.

So turning 29 today isn't so bad...I know the big 30 will be fast approaching as I watch our little guy grow up but the year to come will be full of exciting new adventures for both Adam and I to look forward to!
And here is a picture of our little skinny guy that I love so much!

1 comment:

Tamara & Ed said...

What a nice introspective entry to the blog. I didn't realize that Tommy didn't get to meet Elias until this past weekend. That must have been a great experience for him. Little Elias is so cute in the final picture in the entry. I can see how he already has changed from when he was born.