This weekend Adam, Eli and I drove to MA to visit my sister Tammy for Bennett's 2yr birthday party. He is a big 2 yr old, he looks like he is much older to me but he is still such a sweetie and gives hugs and kisses when you ask.
I am much like Elmyra from the Tiny Toon Adventures cartoon so I smoother babies and little kiddies, I just can't help myself! Good thing Ben still lets me do this to him and poor Elias he has no say in it because I'm his mommy!
Here is a description from Wikipedia of Elmyra if you don't know who I am referring to - Elmyra is quite young and obsessed with animals and cute things...even chasing after animals...obliviously causing great discomfort or serious injury to potential pets from her overenthusiastic affection and complete lack of even the most rudimentary knowledge of pet care
Well you get what I mean.
Here are some pics from this weekend :)
Miss Melina hamming it up! Eli in Ben's "big boy" bed
My sister makes the most creative homemade cakes, and they are SO yummy. This one was 3 layers -chocolate/banana bread/chocolate with awesome peanut butter frosting and chocolate frosting topped with cocoa krispies!
On the "to-do" list today, laundry, make banana bread, organize the basement from our electrical fire so I can get back to working out on the treadmill, and visit our friends Tab & Malley at the hospital - they just had a little boy yesterday! His name is Quinn he will be pals with Eli weather he likes it or not! hahaha...
Oh yeah and one more thing...since it is still early in the month of January I guess you can say Adam and I made a New Years resolution. We usually don't do it because we wouldn't probably keep it but this year I figured lets give it a try. So my new years resolution (which became Adam's because I enlisted him in it for support) is to get on the treadmill while watching The Biggest Loser this season.
Adam and I are notorious for watching The Biggest Loser while eating ice cream on the couch. It is so bad sometimes, here I am commenting at the t.v. while I have a bowl of ice cream in my hands! How terrible...so this Tuesday night is our first night, we plan on just getting in 45 mins. of a workout together (we have a bike on a trainer too) so that we can be showered and go to bed at a decent hour, the show is 2hrs long and goes until 10pm.
Hey it's a start...wish us luck!
4 comments:
Great pictures! Little Eli looks so cute in the picture on Ben's bed. Too cute!
I love the picture of Eli with the Buzz Lightyear toy, very cute!
Ben is certainly a VERY big two year old! He looks like he's in 1st grade to me!
LOL! Elmyra!
Love this post! Sooo cute...all the cousins together and Auntie Tam can't look any happier can she?
That cake looks awesome...my mouth waters just reading your description.
GOod Luck with the New Years Resolution!!
Post a Comment