Well hello!! Over here on our end has been sorta quite I guess. Nothing too crazy other than normal baby stuff. Eli is still figuring out how to crawl more effectively each day. He is getting so mobile that I had my first scare yesterday morning. He was on our bed in the center while I was getting ready for work with pillows lined up on the sides of him. I turned around for a quick second and he had made it all the way to the end of the bed where I didn't have pillows and almost fell right off. Luckily we have a bench at the end of our bed that is cushioned but even so I freaked out and got over there SO fast, I was terrified. Having said that Eli is not allowed on the bed anymore for any reason unless we are on the bed with him!! So much for him being completely entertained on the bed while I blow dry my hair in the morning.....things just got a little more interesting that's all!
After Eli's ear infection cleared up just over a week ago we had a few rough nights due to teething. Really, timing couldn't be worse. The poor kid wasn't sleeping well due to the ear infection and then this. Thankfully the tooth came through after just a few rough nights. I know it is all a matter of time before the next tooth pops out and we go through it all over but the last 2 nights have been lovely. He slept from 7:30-5:15am and that is a full night for our little guy so that is all I can ask for! I can't wait to post a picture of his first tooth but right now it is just out of the gum and not high enough to really get a good picture. Ahhh...the things that fascinate me now! hahah....
On the running front - I am signing up for the Amica Iron Horse 1/2 Marathon this week! I am very excited about it. I have been thinking about running it but now I am committed which is even better. Also, I have a running partner! I recruited my friend Traci, the race is June 6th. It is a perfect amount of time for us train for it and to get my mileage up. Having Traci to do training runs with is great and I think will be better for me. When I really think about it, it's not so much the motivation that I need it is more the time. I would love to keep running lots of times but I have to cut it short because I need to get back to Eli. Having a running partner helps me section off time better I guess.
Also, I have begun to multi-task more by running with Eli in the Bob stroller to daycare! The total mileage is 3.6 miles RT . The weather in the morning is a bit cool right now so it is a judgement call in the morning. I don't want to be running Eli out there in the cold or rain, but every opportunity when the weather is at least 55 degrees & somewhat sunny I am out there with him. Eli goes to daycare 3 days a week so this gives me a good opportunity to get in some added extra workouts that are desperately needed!
Oh yeah....
I realized when we had Eli's christening that I never got a good picture of just him in his outfit. I felt like I really needed a good picture of this & his first Easter outfit for memories down the road. I scheduled an appointment to get professional pictures done of him but we missed it due to his ear infection. While Adam was out golfing this Sunday, I took matters into my own hands. Since it was sunny and gorgeous outdoors I set up my own little photo shoot area on our lawn. Here are some pictures below from our session, Eli did pretty well with the photo shoot for the most part (except he would not let me put on his khaki's that went with his Easter outfit) but it did end up in a quick meltdown. Don't they always?
1 comment:
Yeah, these babies can't be left alone for a minute now! Now that Norah is crawling, she is ALL over the place, and she is revealing all the gaps in our "baby proofing"! But, as much work as a mobile baby is, it sure is fun to see them exploring the world in an entirely new way!
Nice job signing up for the half and good luck with the training!
Post a Comment