This is Eli's face with his first taste of a Cheerio this week :) We have been trying the Gerber puffs & he hasn't really taken to them that well. He likes to play with them, feed them to the dog & get them stuck to his clothes all places but his mouth!
Eli figuring out what these things are....
"Ok...I like it", going in for more!!
Not much else going on with Eli, he just continues to crack us up. He loves to yell especially when the phone is in our hands! It is really cute. No other teeth have come in yet & he crawls really fast now and likes to pull up on our legs.
On the running front - I have been doing awesome with my training for the 1/2 marathon on June 6th. I was feeling great during my runs and enjoying running with Traci (even though we keep missing each other on our long runs).
Well, last Saturday my run was great, although very hot out I did really well. If I had water "planted" it would have been even better, I could have ran another 5 miles I felt. Then Sunday I went to the mall & I had heels on....yeah I know bad idea. Since then, my left knee has been killing me. I have been doing the RICE method - rest/ice/compress/elevation. On Wed. I felt good enough to try to run again, this time I met Traci at Adam's high school track. It is a rubber track - I felt this was the best place to see if running was ok on the knee. I got 3.25 miles in and walked a few laps, then stretched real good, still I felt ok.
Then I got home and an hour later my knee was killing me. Getting up off the floor with Eli in my arms or going up & down the stairs in my house was just getting to me. Since then, I have been doing the RICE method consistently & I was really hoping to get a long run in today or tomorrow.
Unfortunately, I know it is not a good idea. I hate being behind on my training especially since I was feeling great. UGH.......I plan on swimming laps in the town pool to keep up & it is a low impact workout. I love swimming so it is a welcomed change but I NEED to get back on the road by Monday. Please let me knee recover!!!
I hope all you mommies out there have a fabulous mother's day, this is my first real one! Last year Adam took me out to breakfast since Eli was in my belly, but this year is the real deal :)
No comments:
Post a Comment