This past week & a half has been kinda busy you could say...I got lots of good runs in which was great and I am feeling very prepared for the 1/2 marathon on the 6th ! Only 1 more week until race day & I am hoping for no rain, low humidity and a nice breeze. It's a tall order but 2 out of the 3 would be FAB!
Last weekend we had a family picnic on Saturday for Adam's cousin's birthday's and Eli got to play on a huge trampoline. He had a blast! I wish I had pictures to post but our camera is still there. Very annoying. I don't leave the camera anywhere and if I did I would pick it up right away. * hint. hint.* Having a 9 month old dare devil requires you to have a camera on you at all times! Ok that is my lame passive aggressive attempt to see if Adam will go pick up the camera finally. Moving on....
Adam started a huge drainage project at our house while Eli & I spent 2 days visiting at my sisters with my Mom & Aunt Lydia. We went up to celebrate the long weekend but more importantly my sister's birthday that is coming up in a week. While we were out in Massachusetts, Adam spent his holiday weekend digging up our yard with a backhoe. Every time Adam does an outdoor project & rents heavy machinery it initially always brings a smile to his face. Being the outdoors man that he is to begin with then throw some construction equipment on top of that and he is happy as a pig in shit!
Currently, our house looks like a huge construction zone from the outside, all the major trenches he had to dig and drainage pipes he put in had happen this weekend. The backhoe will be picked up tomorrow & the remaining portion of the project is supposed to take Adam 2 weeks to finish. Once Adam is all done he will breathe a huge sigh of relief that all our gutters from the house will dump into this one fancy drain he put in. Also, we won't have to deal with a huge puddle that ices over every winter in our driveway and creeps into our garage. Not to mention the marshy area on our side lawn which got so bad a frog pond formed last summer and was back again this spring.
Tomorrow is Eli's 9 month appointment, he also has a cold, initially we thought it was an ear infection but the doc told us Saturday morning it was just a common cold. He was super cranky this past week, wouldn't nap many days in a row so it looks like there is another tooth is on it's way. The good thing is that if you keep Eli distracted enough he is ok with his cold and the runny nose you have to continuously wipe dry. Basically, you have to be on your A game with this his little guy just keep it moving type of thing and then he can't focus on how yucky he feels. He is a little clingy as well but I secretly love that part :) All the other times I try to keep Eli in my arms he tries to get out and on the ground so I do love snuggling with the little guy!
Hopefully tommorow I will have pictures to post with Eli's 9 month stats and report :) I would post a "file" picture but we finally got a new PC and all our pictures are on our external back up hard drive that we haven't transfered over yet either. I know we are just batting a zero here....
No comments:
Post a Comment