First things first- Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving! We sure did over here, we technically celebrated it twice which I was a HUGE fan of :) Thanksgiving Day with Adam's family and the day after with my family and both meals where fabulous. Loved spending time with the family and Eli really enjoyed both days. I did not run on Thanksgiving day as I had planned, I was really sick for a few days there and completely wiped out. My little germy 15 month old bugger passed along his cold to me and being preggers not being able to take anything for relief = no fun. I was just starting to feel better the day before Thanksgiving and thought to myself I could still pull off the 4.8 mile Turkey day run, but then realized why would I do that to myself? I don't want to back pedal on finally starting to feel better on top of the lack of running I was able to do for a full week and half. I decided this was the first year I had to leave the shoes at home. It was kind of nice just to focus on spending time with family and being relaxed in the morning I have to say! Next year I will get out there again, this year was just not meant to be.
On Saturday, Adam and I went to the Uconn Football game with Adam's family(a little tradition they started a few years ago)tailgating was fun as usual and the game was great! I love going to all things Uconn since I am a true Husky at heart. Some of the best years of my life were spent up in Storrs, CT! It was really cold and windy at the game but we stuck it out & it was a great game. Now Uconn is lined up if they play well again that could determine if they make their first real bowl game & win the Big East so we are excited about that!
Here is an attempt at a "cousins" picture that my sister and I tried so desperately to get at our mom's house on Friday. If nothing else the picture is comical and captures the moment!
I also made Thanksgiving day cupcakes that I am proud of and wanted to post pics of. I got the idea from a fun book I got for my birthday this past year called "Hello, Cupcake!". My first attempt at trying a cupcake recipe from that cookbook came out successfull!
I wanted to post this picture below of Eli because Daddy is a huge Giants fan and loves him in this outfit.
Eli just recently had his 15 month appointment and is growing and developing very well! He gained 2 lbs from his 1 year and grew 2 inches. He is 95% for height still and 40% for weight still. For some reason I feel like he has gained more than 2lbs he feels so much heavier! I bet being pregnant is making me feel like he weighs so much more but he is only 23lbs! Eli is also quite the trooper, he had 4 shots at this appointment, poor kid! One of the shots was a flu shot so that was why it came to 4 but boy was I happy I wasn't there to watch the massacre. Meme' (Adam's mom) took Eli this time for us, my baby brain made me completely forget about the appointment and she came through for us because I really could not pull off missing work at this busy time and Adam was jammed up too.
Then yesterday we went out as a family to a nice brunch/lunch & our first official trip to the tree farm as a family to cut down our Christmas tree. Eli had a blast running around in between the trees, he was having some trouble getting up when he tumbled down a few times, it was his first time in mittens! But he looked oh so cute in them!
The tree is up and looks great in our house, we strung all the lights last night and of course one small part of a strand is blinking and driving me nuts! I have to fix that tonight and then we can decorate it and post pictures! More to come :)
Here is Eli below getting an early start on his "Cyber Monday" shopping! LOL....
2 comments:
Awesome cupcakes!
Gosh he is getting so big!!! Love the last pic on the computer! classic. Love the G-men outfit too.
Oh and the pic with his cousins. so so cute!
Post a Comment