Thursday, December 30, 2010

One loaded post! Merry Christmas Everyone!

First things first....let's focus for a quick minute on how large I have gotten! Here I am 7 months preggo at our annual Christmas Party we host at our home every year.
With baby #2 I have gained exactly the same amount I did with Eli but for some reason it shows so much more the 2nd go around. I am feeling healthy now but went through a rough couple weeks. It all started with the week prior to Thanksgiving - a terrible cold and bronchitis stuff going on which prohibited me from running my 5 mile race on T-day. It was a slow recovery from that since I can't take any antibiotics and then just after that I ended up with a sinus head cold & a dam stomach bug!! It has been insane to be honest. I have not worked out at all. I have been run down and look forward to the New Year fast approaching us to make a turn around. I really need to get back on track and stay healthy! The little guy has been sick as well so the only one who was spared during the colds & sinus stuff was Adam. Unfortunately, he did not escape the stomach bug. It hit Adam hard Christmas night and since traveled to every person who celebrated Christmas at our home :( sorry everyone! Thank god we are all past it now as of yesterday.

This post will be heavy on the pictures as I have lots to show you all!

Our family Christmas photo 2010


Two cutest boys every - I know I am biased! Here Eli is with his cousin Bennett on Christmas day at our home, they are just adorbs if you ask me :)


This really captures how excited Eli was to open up his pillow pet from Meme' & Poppi, I wish it were in focus but he was that happy and thrilled this was the best we could do!

My niece Melina with her new camera my mom got her this year for Christmas. She is so grown up all of a sudden! Did anyone notice how many megapixals that camera has?...12! I only have 6 on my camera! hahahha...

Eli early Christmas morning opening up another favorite of the year - his very own Mickey stuffed animal from Uncle Tommy & his girlfriend Danielle! Eli loves all things Mickey. He also got a Dance Star Mickey from Adam's parents and loves to get that thing all cranked up bright any early in the morning! The red chair was a present from Santa to Eli this year as well, he loves his new club chair from Pottery Barn Kids.

Christmas Eve with Adam's dad's side of the family. Eli is here with his cousin Cole, they go to daycare together, love those cheeks on Cole! I keep practicing with Eli in the morning when I drop him off how to "share mommy" with baby Cole. I put Cole on my lap for a few minutes and hug and kiss him so that Eli understands that soon he will have another baby around. I have to say I have seen a small bit of jealousy from time to time. Hopefully that will pass soon!

Adam looking quite handsome if you ask me in his new red vest & scarf from me. I knew when I bought it he would wear it well!

My mom, sister and I Christmas day. I try to get a picture of us together every holiday. I like how this one came out.

Eli playing with his new kitchen set he got from my sister & mom, HE LOVES IT!

Adam taking Eli for his first sled ride, we got a ton of snow up here in CT but it was honestly way too cold and windy, the wind gust got up to 50 mph for two days straight. Eli could not be out long but it he did enjoy his sled ride for a few minutes.

Eli all stuffed into his snowsuit with his new winter hat from Adam's Auntie Anne. I love this hat on him. The snowsuit was a great birthday present from our friends Rob & Sue that is getting put to use finally!


Thanks for letting me brag and show all my pictures off.

Eli has been just so much fun lately, I know I say that allot but he really talks so much now and understands quite a bit. He's our little wipper snapper..hahahha...Lately he has even been saying "pooh poops" when he goes #2 in his diaper! He has even been caught 2 times this week in the bathroom trying to flush the toilet while saying it. I know this is wishful thinking but if he potty trained by the time he turns 2 I will be the happiest momma ever!

Hope you all have a fabulous New Year's, we are going out with friends to a hibachi/sushi restruant like we did last year. It is always a good time how can you not have fun when your a group of 20 people?!

So long 2010! It was a great year, 2011 will definitely be another one to top the charts with the welcoming of Baby # 2 at the end of March!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Looks like you had a great holiday!

I am not as far along as you, but same situation with baby #2: have gained the same amount of weight, but am showing SO much mroe!

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

You look great! It definitely is different the second time around. When I was pregnant with my second daughter I gained 20 pounds less but looked bigger. It's the strangest thing!

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday!
~Michelle

Tamara & Ed said...

Great post! That is a great picture of us three ladies!!

So happy to hear that Eli likes the food and kitchen. That pic of him with his pillow pet is pretty funny!