Speaking of Adam and work, he just bought himself a used work truck and is excited about it. In fact, although it is not the most attractive looking thing I am happy he bought it for a few reasons.
1. We could afford it outright so no car loan!
2. It has all the compartments and storage a plumber could need so he is thrilled.
3. The 98' Honda Accord he was driving has transmission problems and isn't worth replacing so it's a "drive it until it dies" situation. The Accord doesn't really owe us anything so that is fine. Plus when we bought our home 3 years ago Adam really needed a truck then but we waited because I refuse to have 2 car payments at one time. He has been patient and we had to do what our budget could afford so things went as planned in that department. Once the Accord goes Adam will get my car so he has a family car to pick up the kids from daycare and to use in the evenings/weekends and then I will finally get a bigger family car.
The goal is to pay off my car this year, there really isn't that much left on it so it is doable if we seriously buckle down. We will be paying for 2 kids in daycare come June so this is going to be the challenge for sure. Or else my car would have been paid off in 2 years vs. the 3 years we are striving for. Isn't it funny how you can spend tons of money on daycare cost but would never think before you had kids to just go out and buy the fanciest car out there and load yourself up with payments? The rate were going with 2 kids soon in daycare we could both be driving Mercedes SUV's for pete's sake!
Well without further ado...Here is the truck, it's a work truck that's for sure!
I took this picture today from the dining room window since it was freezing outside.
On the Eli front - our little boy is a parrot! We seriously need to watch everything we say around him but it sure is funny to hear all the words he can say. His most recent funny ones are "Shoot!" and "Oh Geez....". Thank god he hasn't repeated some of our other choice words that slip out! lol
Adam's Aunt Brenda was home from Cape Cod this past week and brought Eli this awesome hard hat. Now he looks just like Daddy when Daddy is at work!
As for me I am getting huge it seems. I will take a picture today when I look presentable and do a 32 week baby bump post. I can't get over that I am already 32 weeks. The time really flies the second go around. I am feeling well overall and have even started working out again. It has been a struggle for me for the months of Nov. & Dec. to be honest. I have never taken that long of a break from any type of activity let alone running. I was begining to not feel like myself. There is something that comes with working out and keeping me balanced and I am back at it now. I am walking on the treadmill and doing my upper body weights (light weights of course) but I need to keep it up so that I have the momentum once the baby arrives to continue my stride. Right now my belly is just too low and big for me to feel comfortable running so that is out of the question. Although I really hope to run a half marathon in June after the baby is here or at least a 10K by that time. Baby steps....but I do have that goal in the near future!
2 comments:
Wow, you're already 32 weeks?! It's going by so quickly! For me, that is :)
We're in a similiar situation with daycare and car payments: We hope to pay off my car this year too, but it is gonna be tough with 2 kids in daycare starting in August.
Hope you enjoyed your day off!
I love the picture of Eli with the "My dad can fix anything shirt". Too cute, especially with the hat!
Post a Comment