Hi Everyone!
I know it has been a while since my last post on Saturday but we have been a tad bit busy over here :)
Our little guy arrived Saturday night at 10:38pm, he weighed in at 7 pounds even and 21 inches long, and looks just like his big brother so far! He has a ton of hair too, we are just in love all over again! All that monitoring and focus on my fundal growth throughout the last 2 months of this pregnancy thankfully didn't turn into a problem. I was so thankful to hear a very healthy weight when Bo was put on that scale and he checked out great right away. I tried my very best to not worry during all the repeated ultrasounds and appointments I had but I have to say it is very hard. I always knew there could be a margin of error when approximating a baby's weight on the ultrasounds and thankfully it was in my favor this time. We are all healthy and doing great over here :)
Boden Ramon Pavelchak
7lbs. 21 inches long
Born 3/26/11 10:38pm
So the cat is out of the bag with the little guys name finally! This time naming another boy was so hard for Adam and I. When Adam told me he liked Bo I immediatley thought I really like that! He at first suggest Bowen but I didn't like that then we came up with Boden (which coincidentally is high end clothing maker for babies and adults). When we finally came to our "aha" moment where we knew this was the name we loved and wanted for the baby it was pretty late in the game. It was right around the start of all my troubles at the begining of Feb. We made a pact that we would not tell anyone the baby's name because god forbid I went early into labor considering all I had going on. We really didn't want any family or friends making comments that might try to change our minds or anything like that. Bo's middle name is my grandfather name. My grandfather has meant the world to me and I would love if Bo could carry his name on through the family.
Eli is doing great with his little brother Bo. Obviously we have some moments when Eli gets us a little nervous (which required us to get an extra baby gate for the 1st floor bedroom where Bo takes naps in the pack n' play) but everything is going great. It is amazing how BIG Eli looks and feels to us now that we are home with our little nugget from the hospital. Eli is by no means a heavy child, he is mostly described as a "string bean" - tall & skinny but now he feels & looks giant to us! hahahah
Eli & Adam's parents meeting Boden for the 1st time. Bo was about 9.5 hours old here.
Proud Daddy, 20 mins. or so post delivery
Here is a little re-cap of Saturday after my last post on the blog.
-My contractions closed in from 15 mins apart to just about 5 mins apart very quickly we were at the hospital by 2:15pm in the afternoon.
- The hospital nurses were all nurses I had with Eli and remembered it was so nice to feel comfortable with that aspect. I absolutely think the crew I had with Eli's delivery is what made me avoid intervention completely and get through a really rough labor. Even my doctor was on call for this labor, that rarely happens! You just never know who is going to deliver you when you actually go into labor and I was so thankful to have a fabulous midwife & my doctor there throughout this all.
-All back labor once again. I was a bit disappointed that I would never know what a normal belly contraction labor would be like but I soon got that out of my head to focus on the task at hand. With every contraction that came & went I tried to focus on the fact that it was just one step closer to the finish line.
-I progressed very fast once I reached 4cm, almost so fast that I came very close to missing my epidural. UGH the thought of that got me so scared, I has been laboring for so long (remember I started on Friday afternoon in my home) and I just was about to jump out of my skin every time a contraction came. My antibiotic drip and my IV drip had to finish before they could administer the epidural and I was quickly progressing, it was a race against the clock at this point! Thank god the nurses were squeezing those IV's bags for me, I got the epidural just in the nick of time. It was about 7:30pm when the guy came in to give me it and he was the same guy from Eli's labor! We called him the miracle worker!
-Soon after the epidural the midwife & doc checked me and I was just about fully dilated! Which makes so much sense to me now I was feeling so much pressure down there where the baby almost felt like he could fall out soon after the epidural took. We did some practice pushes through 1 contraction and I officially started pushing at 10:30pm and Baby Bo came out at 10:38pm!! Only 8 minutes of pushing thank god! Eli's delivery took 3.5 hrs of pushing I was disoriented and exhausted after his labor I didn't even get to hold him in those first moments. With Bo I was able to have that moment it was very special.
Overall the labor was very long and very similar to Eli's - 30 hours of labor but only 8 minutes of pushing. The only exception here is that I didn't need Pitocin to get things to progress, they naturally did it on their own. So no need to be induced after all!
Things are very busy over here as you can expect, Adam went back to work on Thursday and his dad is helping us tremendously with bringing Eli to day care in the morning. Bo is nursing allot and when I mean allot it is text book cluster feeding! I am so tied up with that I really don't know how I would be able to pull off getting Eli to daycare too in the morning. Thank god we have family close by and they are so helpful.
On another note - my ciruculation has improved SO much, I feel great. Honestly, I noticed on my first walk to the bathroom how significantly different and better I felt. It was just a huge strain on my body/circulation system carrying a baby this go around. I couldn't even imagine I would feel this much improvement so fast. Thankfully I do!
3 comments:
Congrats on the arrival of Baby Bo! He's a cutie!
Love the name! Congratulations!
Congratulations! What a darling! And awesome name!
Post a Comment