Sunday, April 24, 2011

"Ultimate Mom Status"

We took the plunge! Here is our "new to us" 06' Honda Odyssey minivan. I had to quote my dear friend Sylvia with the title of this post. When I sent her a picture of our minivan she texted back "you have reached ultimate mom status" which cracked me up! But I still think there is one more step to the reaching ultimate mom status credentials - president of the PTO!


She's a real beaut Clark!!

After a very long time of me twisting Adam's arm and the help from a friend who has a minivan and loves it we finally took the plunge Saturday. I am happy to report I LOVE IT and I am beginning to think Adam does too! The van drives so nicely but the best thing about it is the storage and being able to walk about the vehicle if need be. The third row is so comfy, we have used it to change diapers & I even nursed Bo a few times back there (of course not while the car is moving because that would just be unsafe). We picked up our mini yesterday and had our first long trip in it the same day. We went to my mom's and visited my best friend Sarah from home while she was in CT. I don't get to see Sarah much she lives in Burlington VT now but it was so great to see her and her husband John and they met Bo for the first time!

Ok back to the van - it is going to be a lifesaver for our vacation we are going on in a month from now and future family vacations. We have a 14 hour road trip planned to the Outer Banks, North Carolina in a month. We are going to take plenty of stops and sleep at a friends house just outside of Baltimore to break up the ride too. The mini is just so convenient and spacious and appropriate for our lives with 2 little ones right now. I know it isn't the coolest vehicle out on the road but our cool days are over right now!
We still have my car which is a great sedan (only 3 years old-a Sonata) and that will go to Adam, so even Adam gets an upgrade here!

On another note - I promised more pics of Bo from his photo shoot, here is the link to my friend's blog who did the pictures of the little guy.

http://lilycamelia.blogspot.com/2011/04/baby-boden.html

I have to say the talented Chrissy Racho does some great work, she captured our little guy so nicely for us! I can't wait to see how our family pics we plan on taking on mother's day weekend turn out now :)

Hope you all had a fabulous Easter weekend and enjoyed your time with your family. I am going to be eating Eli's candy he got for weeks I am sure. I have such a hard time with candy and chocolates! Here are some pics of Eli searching for eggs at Meme' & Poppi's house today!

Eli playing with his new toy from the Easter Bunny! It is a magnetic fishing set, Eli is learning how to get the worm in the fish's mouth with the help from Daddy!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Nice new ride! We've talked minivan, but Jerry is set against one. We'll see.

Robin said...

Congratulations on the new mini van. We are wanting to get a Ford Escape as we both have 4-door sedans right now, but that's going to be a while.