Tuesday, May 03, 2011

March of Dimes Walk


Eli, Cammy, & Jack before the walk, these kiddies crack me up with their serious faces! hahaha... These 3 really have no choice in being friends or not, all of their mommies are besties from college! Eli is 20 months, Cammy is 18 months, and Jack is 2 yrs old here.


This past Sunday we participated in the March of Dimes walk and the weather was just perfect! The March of Dimes is an organization that helps moms have full-term pregnancies and researches the problems that threaten the health of babies. They are an organization I have supported in the past and I am happy to say I have. I never thought I would know truly just how much they help families until the day one of my best friends from college delivered her very pre-mature son. Sylvia and I were pregnant together when I was pregnant with Eli & we were due 1 day apart with our boys. It was so nice to be pregnant together and go through things at the same time. Right around 24 weeks Sylvia gave birth to her son Jackson which was so unexpected and I am happy to report he is a very healthy and happy 2 year old today! It was a long road for them but Jack is the toughest little guy around, he survived so much and today you would never know he was born well under 2 pounds. It is just amazing how much of a miracle he was for Sylvia & her husband. Sylvia coordinated a team in honor of Jack for the walk this weekend, we were all on "Team Jackson" & how fitting is it that the walk was on Jackson's actual 2nd birthday!

After the walk Sylvia had us all over her house for a cookout & birthday party in honor of Jack. Eli and Jack had a fun time playing together outdoors and it was just a perfect day and a perfect cause to support!
Eli & Jack having a great time playing outside!



1 comment:

Jess said...

Looks like fun!