So....I got so tied up writing my last post about vacation that I forgot to mention Bo's 2 month appt. at the pediatrician when we got back!
Bo is growing very nicely, tall and skinny like his brother! 90th percentile for height and 25th percentile for weight (which remained consistent from the 1 month visit). Bo weighs 10 pounds 15 ounces as of a week ago, that means he has almost packed on 4 pounds since birth! He is also growing very long, at his 1 month visit he had grown 2 inches in length and this past visit another 1 3/4 inches! If he keeps up growing so tall he will be out of his infant carrier much sooner than Eli was and that is not cool with me right now! I am trying to keep him in that as long as possible, Eli grew out of it right around 5 - 5 1/2 month mark due to being so tall, not the weight. It looks like Bo could be even sooner than that.
Bo is growing very nicely, tall and skinny like his brother! 90th percentile for height and 25th percentile for weight (which remained consistent from the 1 month visit). Bo weighs 10 pounds 15 ounces as of a week ago, that means he has almost packed on 4 pounds since birth! He is also growing very long, at his 1 month visit he had grown 2 inches in length and this past visit another 1 3/4 inches! If he keeps up growing so tall he will be out of his infant carrier much sooner than Eli was and that is not cool with me right now! I am trying to keep him in that as long as possible, Eli grew out of it right around 5 - 5 1/2 month mark due to being so tall, not the weight. It looks like Bo could be even sooner than that.
The only comment the doctors gave me was that Bo needs better neck strength. I have to be more diligent with tummy time. Since we left the docs last week I have been very good about it, even though Bo screams and hates it! This is just how Eli was, he couldn't stand tummy time! I just think it is more obvious with Bo because he sleeps allot more than Eli ever slept so I need to make sure when he is alert and awake I take advantage of that time and get him on his tummy more.
Overall, Eli's growth curve was exactly the same as Bo's is currently for so long, it should be interesting to see how Bo grows over time. I often wonder if he and Eli will look exactly the same over time, Bo has so many pictures and moments where he looks just like Eli did at that age. The only difference is that Bo's complexion is naturally darker (daycare called him the "resort baby" when they met him... hahaha!) and he had allot more hair than Eli did when born. Bo is loosing his hair now as many babies do at this age, I keep finding it all rubbed off in his bassinet and baby chair. I am getting sad about it, I loved his natural mohawk!
Overall, Eli's growth curve was exactly the same as Bo's is currently for so long, it should be interesting to see how Bo grows over time. I often wonder if he and Eli will look exactly the same over time, Bo has so many pictures and moments where he looks just like Eli did at that age. The only difference is that Bo's complexion is naturally darker (daycare called him the "resort baby" when they met him... hahaha!) and he had allot more hair than Eli did when born. Bo is loosing his hair now as many babies do at this age, I keep finding it all rubbed off in his bassinet and baby chair. I am getting sad about it, I loved his natural mohawk!
Here are some pics of just Boden. We realized that we never got pics from bath time with Bo for the first 2 months of his life (I know how terrible are we! We must have had at least 50 pics of Eli in the tub by now...I feel so bad). I made a concerned effort to get the pictures of bath time this week, I also have to get on top of his baby book. I haven't had a chance to get to it yet, I just need more time. Don't we all? I am committing the next rainy day to "Baby Boden's Baby Book Day".
Bath time!
Looking all cozy :)
I am also realizing how fast my maternity leave has slipped through my hands. I keep getting sad thinking in less than a month I will be going back to work. It is just so hard to leave this little guy, he lets me snuggle with him and he has just been a dream baby! I know it is bittersweet this time around as well because this is more than likely my last maternity leave I will ever have. I say more than likely because you truly never know what will happen in the future but 2 kids is just about all Adam and I can really afford to put through daycare and survive! hahahha....
I cherish every moment I have with Bo at home and being able to bond with him during this time had been wonderful. I was concerned at first with keeping Eli in daycare but I am happy Adam and I decided to do that. Eli loves his daycare and I enjoy having the same bonding time I have with Bo that I had with Eli. Plus, it would be really hard to continue breast feeding if I had to entertain Eli during the day and take care of Bo at the same time since they are so close in age. I know it can be done but I enjoy the time I have with Bo one on one :)
I cherish every moment I have with Bo at home and being able to bond with him during this time had been wonderful. I was concerned at first with keeping Eli in daycare but I am happy Adam and I decided to do that. Eli loves his daycare and I enjoy having the same bonding time I have with Bo that I had with Eli. Plus, it would be really hard to continue breast feeding if I had to entertain Eli during the day and take care of Bo at the same time since they are so close in age. I know it can be done but I enjoy the time I have with Bo one on one :)
Don't you just want to kiss this face?! I know I am biased but I can't help but love this little guy!
2 comments:
So sweet. I think it was a good idea to keep Eli in daycare while you bond with Bo at home. It makes sense to me. Don't spend your maternity leave worrying about going back to work if you can help it. Just enjoy the time you have!!!
Great picture of Bo with his hairdo at the end. With every picture he is changing. It is amazing. Too cute.
Post a Comment