Friday, July 01, 2011

My flower window box!


So here it is....my pride & joy of the gardening world! I am still in awe that this window box has lasted over a month now and is still thriving. I have always wanted a window flowing box on the way into our house through the mudroom and this year I finally got around to doing it.


This is the view from our breakfast nook onto the deck, this picture was taken 2 weeks ago, now the flowers are doing so well they are really in full bloom! I am so happy I stepped out of my comfort zone (or shall I say "lazy zone") and did a few flower pots this year that I planted myself. I usually just buy a few flower pots because it is easier and then they die on me. I noticed this go around when you do the planting yourself you take more pride in it & you want to maintain it nicely because you put the time in to do it yourself. I also noticed we spend so much more time outside eating dinners enjoying the deck & yard more!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Pretty! I usually do some flower pots each year too, but mostly because I am too lazy/scared to try actually planting anything in the ground!!