Thursday, July 14, 2011

Rain Boots, Wife Beaters, and Fishing poles.

Eli in front of our hydrangea bush at our house last week. I love this picture that Meme' took of him

Overall the transition from the crib to the bed turned out great this past week. Eli has not gotten out of the bed yet during the night so he understands when it is "night night" time that he has to stay in the bed and go to sleep. Quite honestly, I am shocked he hasn't come into our room even once in the night yet! And he has been super cute in the evening after we read him books and put him to bed he moves over and tells me "C'mon Momma....go sleepies" and he pats his pillow for me to get into bed with him. It takes ALL my strength not to crawl into his bed he is so dam cute. I just really don't want to start a bad habit like that. If it is the weekend and we are cuddlying in the morning that is one thing but bedtime has to be a working system!
But....and there is always a but....

Nap time has not been so easy. Now granted Eli has not been a great napper anyways but this past Saturday's nap time went like this -

Adam read him a story put him in bed and went downstairs to do some work in the basement. I hadn't quite realized what was going on at first but I heard a bunch of nonsense upstairs so I start walking upstairs and there goes Eli in a rush to close his bedroom door on me! I open the door and find him in his rain boots(which he loves and is obsessed with)on backwards, his fisherman hat, a diaper, a white wife beater and holding onto his play fishing pole. Totally redneck & hysterical looking! I ask Eli if that is what he should be doing right now and he doesn't say anything but smile and then I tell him it is time for a nap and he needs to stay in bed and I get "Noooooooooo Momma Play". Throughout all this I notice the room is a WRECK. All the toys are everywhere and I realized at that moment that I will no longer have a cute little boys room organized!

I got Eli back in bed without him crying too much and then another 10 minutes goes by and I hear something fall, I go back upstairs and it was one of the 20 books that he had up on his bed with him that fell off. He was lying on his back pointing at the book in his hand naming things in the picture and pretending to read to himself, I didn't say anything and figured this was the best I was going to get out of him for "naptime" that day.

So overall the transition has been quite funny in some ways but it has worked out a-ok! Eli even pointed to the crib and told me it was "That Bo Bo's now" so he doesn't want anything to do with the crib which is nice.

Soon Bo will be moving out of the bassinet in our bedroom & into the crib. The room will not longer be Eli's alone but I don't think Eli will mind, he truly shows nothing but love and affection to Bo and it melts our heart!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Glad the big boy bed is working out so well for Eli. Norah is still getting the hang of staying in her bed!