So I guess all my worrying about last weeks lack luster training due to the weather was for nothing! Saturday morning was perfect running weather and Traci and I rocked our 10 miler! We could have ran forever it seemed, we ran 9:24 mile splits!
Saturday night we had a house party in honor of my birthday it was a blast, so much fun to be child free and drinking it up! I really felt like I deserved the night after that 10 miler and we were partying it up until 2 am. Haven't done that in very very long time! Only problemo was on Sunday morning when I woke up at 6:30am. My body would not let me sleep in it was the worst. I can't stand that so much, I desperately needed the sleep but it just never happened.
We went to the Polish Fair on Sunday, it was a tiny little fair but we went for the food. If I could eat Polish food at least 1 time a week I would be a happy girl! YUM!
This week is a taper week on my training, so I am feeling good and the weather is totally cooperating. It will get colder for the weekend but I am ok with that, I am anticipating some great race day weather, a slight chill in the AM and a breeze from the beach. I just got a race description and the coarse is primarily flat with one short steep hill so you just have to climb that as fast as possible. Sounds like I can deal with that a-ok because I am used to hills over here. This is the first time they are having this 1/2 marathon so I am sure there will be some things that are good and some that are bad but overall I think it will be a great race!
3 comments:
Nice job the 10 miler!
I think I would experience some kind of coma if I stayed UP until 2 am now! Now, getting up at 2 am, well, I'm practiced at that! :)
woo-hoo! great job on the 10-miler!
wow! 10 miles!!! that is super impressive. Hope you have a great race.
Post a Comment