Monday, October 24, 2011

Sesame Street, Bears and Chunky Wrists!!

Last I left you all I spoke about potentially making the Sesame Street Live show and we did! Eli loved it and behaved so well, he only had ants in his pants for the the last number so I would say overall he did fabulous for a 2 year old. I went solo with Eli because I figured having Bo with us might be a bit much since Adam had to work the whole day. Luckily I had Adam's parents I could count on to come over and watch Bo for me. It was also really nice to spend one on one time with Eli. Here was the view from our $26 seats. I thought the view was great, and I didn't want to invest too much money into really expensive seats not knowing how well Eli would do for the duration of the show.
This is Eli taking in the show, he was in awe of the characters and that they were actually on stage! He particularly enjoyed seeing Oscar the Grouch for some reason and The Count. Most of the Sesame Street DVD's Eli gets to watch on long car rides focuses on counting and Eli loves The Count!

Now onto the CRAZY sh*t that went down this weekend at 8:45am on Saturday in our backyard.....
YES THAT IS A GIANT BLACK BEAR!!!!!! Seriously enough to make me want to sh*t my pants. Literally we don't live on a huge sprawling piece of land in the middle of no where, this is just nuts. This bear ripped down our bird seed feeder and had a tasty treat in our backyard for about 20 mins. When he got up and I saw how big he was I had to take this picture. Even Adam the hunter said he was a big boy! I am so worried about future sightings on our property and around us. We have to watch the boys closely of course even though I know it is rare to see a bear on your property but this is too close for comfort for me. Also, Eli is obsessed with the bird feeder and now we are taking that thing down, I can't even begin to think about what I would have done if we were outside when this visitor decided to stop over. Thank god we were all safe and on the INSIDE of our sliding door in our home!


Look at my chunky wrist!!! hahahah... Bo's wrist are my most favorite part of him and his chunky cheeks of course! He is turning 7 months this Wed. and I just can't believe how fast it all goes by the 2nd go around. I just want to keep him little forever. At the same time I say that I also love watching Bo interact more with Eli. He makes Eli giggle all the time now, Bo's little chuckle is just so adorable you can't help but giggle back at him! On the milestone front...Bo is sitting well when placed in a sitting position without falling over immediately and he is trying his hardest to try to crawl! I would not be surprised to see him crawling full force very soon.

And here is Bo loving his bath time (we have tried to bathe both boys together which will make life easier of course but Bo isn't quite there just yet). On the workout front...I am keeping up! I continue to amaze myself with sleeping some nights less than 5 hours and scraping out a workout still. The boys have been doing pretty horrible on the sleeping front for the past 2.5 weeks. Bo is getting up at least 1 time in the night and it is driving me nuts. Sometimes Eli is up and needs us to bring him back into his bed or tries to get in bed with us. Just for the record Eli is the worst to sleep with! Geez.. I love that boy but he can't keep to himself when sleeping!



Getting back to the working out on limited sleep, I know that isn't great, but I am determined to keep up my consistency. I don't want to fall off the wagon just because I am tired. I mean the way things look right now these boys are not going to straighten out their sleeping issues when I want them to. I can't wait around I may never get sleep for the next 10 years of my life!



Right now I can only get in 2 outdoor runs a week because of the limited daylight coupled with my work schedule. So I do the gym 2-3 mornings a week and then I fit in my outdoor runs on the weekend or I sneak out of work early 1 day a week when I am not too busy. This is why I end up slowing down with my running consistency after Thanksgiving. I get my Turkey Trot in on Thanksgiving day and then succumb to the treadmill for the winter months. I find it so difficult to get in a run when there is such limited daylight and I am a baby for the cold! Running in snow is NOT an option for me and I figure I have to enjoy my workout if I am going to do one. And guess what...freezing my ass off while running just doesn't jive with me!

2 comments:

Michael and Dana said...

O M G! Your boys are just too cute!!! I want to squeeze them. So glad Eli enjoyed the live show...what a great bonding time for you and him. Can't believe how big they are getting. Holy Crap about the bear! YIKES!

Jess said...

Those boys could be twins -- they look SO much alike! Cuties. I love it when babies start adding some chub to 'em!