Monday, November 14, 2011

It's been too long!

Me with the boys at Costco when we visited my mom a few weeks ago. This was comical, Eli ate every sample at that store and Bo was just chatting it up with everyone he saw and loving the view.

Hello Everyone!
I kept meaning to get my butt in gear to do a blog post but I was all over the place just trying to settle back in. We moved back into our home last Monday after work when our power came back on. We were officially 9.5 days without power. Sooooo done with that. Luckily, I have an awesome mother in-law who cooked us a hot dinner to have when we got home, did some laundry for us, cleaned out our fridge & freezer where it was so shiny and new looking, and even cleaned the grossness I have been meaning to get to on the bottom of my oven inside! I can't thank her enough, she is so helpful with things like this. She knows how to make life a little easier for us just when we could use it. Thank you, Thank you Debbie!!

I spent the rest of last week just trying to feel back in the swing of things. I didn't even get to grocery shop to re-stock our bare fridge until Friday night at 8:30 pm when I would have much rather be sitting on my couch cozied up with a glass of wine. But we were desperate and there is only so much literal crap one can eat "on the go". So I felt very productive Friday night even though I litterally had to force myself to go to the grocery store. On the way there I had a light bulb go off in my head. They have coffee at the grocery store when you walk in why can't you shop and drink a glass of wine or get a beer? That would have been so awesome Friday night, grocery shopping would have been 100% more fun to say the least!

Then Saturday my Aunt Lydia came up to visit with my cousin Danny's daughter Samantha. Samantha hadn't met Boden yet since they live in N.J. so she was excited to meet her cousin and play with Eli. We went to the park after a nice chocolate chip pancake breakfast at our house. Eli just loved playing with Sam. She is much older than him and he was keeping up with her on the playground while causing me near heart attacks left and right! Here is Samantha with Boden, this was his first time on that car and he was so thrilled! I was impressed how well he sat up on it.

Cousins!

I did allot now that I think of it on Saturday...After the park I met up with my girlfriend at Panera that I hadn't seen in a very long time. She has gone through a divorce :( but she seems to be doing ok now. It was great to catch up. Then at night Adam and I went on a date! We ate at PF Changs for the first time, it was yummy and I had the best $8 My-Tai :)

After the dinner we walked around the mall and window shopped, our mall is super high end and sometimes it's just fun to "pretend". Then we went to the Sleep Number Bed store in our mall and honestly if Adam was a go I would have purchased a dam King bed in a hot minute! He and I need a new bed but I refuse to go Queen again, and unfortunately we can't fit a regular King bed up our staircase, so if we went King it would be a sleep number bed, the one I fell in love with had a pretty price tag to say the least.

So we will keep dreaming about that for a bit, it was fun to be kid free for a night!

Here are some pics to share with you all of our cuties who leave us with little sleep these days. It has been pretty much crap in the sleep department at our house, these kids are so dam lucky they are cute and coffee exists!

Uncle Tommy with his nephews. When Tommy came over this past weekend Eli explained to him how he was "fitting wood with Daddy in the yard" lol...Eli loves to go outside with Adam when he is splitting wood. Just too cute.
Little Bo loves Cheerio's! Especially when Eli is shoving them in his mouth!
And this is what happens when Gma (Grandma) gets Eli in his carseat. Eli loved it! hahaha

4 comments:

Tamara & Ed said...

That picture of Eli rockin' his headphones and wearing his "chains" cracks me up. Great pictures! Happy to see the return of the blogposts.

Jess said...

Glad you got to return home and get settled back in! Definitely sounds like you have an awesome MIL!

Cute pics, as always!

Heather M said...

The kids are just toooooo cute!!

Michael and Dana said...

So happy to hear that you are back up and running! what a nightmare...I think I would have broke down and cried at least once. seriously.
Love the new post!! Your boys are just too sweet together. You are so blessed. So handsome and such happy little guys!