Monday, August 17, 2009

Due date has come & gone....

Well today was supposed to be the day and little Elias has decided to continue his camping out in my belly instead! Is this an indication of what is to come for Adam and I ?!? haha....


I checked out fine at my doctors appt. today, I gained 2 lbs, my blood pressure was 115/68 and the baby's heartbeat was nice & strong as usual. My measurement is exactly 40 weeks spot on so they truly don't think I am having a GIANT baby like I feel like I am having!


I do have some updates - I have to go back several times within this next week:

  • Thursday for an ultrasound to check the level of amniotic fluid in the womb

  • Friday for a Non-Stress Test which is a 30 minute monitoring test

  • Monday for another Non-Stress Test

AND the good thing is that on Friday I will know which day next week they are going to induce me on. It is looking like next Wed. or Thurs. as of now (8/26 or 8/27). I will have to go in the night before for a small procedure to try to "soften the cervix" then I would go in that very next morning to start the inducing process @ the hospital.

So that's it for now.....hopefully some day this week I spontaneously go into labor naturally!

7 comments:

RunnerGirl said...

Good luck, hope the little guy decides to make an appearance soon :)

Casey said...

Good luck lady! Hope these next few days are a breeze for you! :)

Tamara & Ed said...

Now the clock will seem to tick very loudly until the baby appears. All part of the build-up of suspense!

Jess said...

What is with these lazy babies that are reluctant to come out into the world and join us?

Good luck with the continued waiting! He'll be here soon.

Krissy said...

I know! Really... these baby's are too cozy in there...!!

Chrissy Racho said...

Hi! I went through the induction process and there are some "things" you should know ahead of time. :) Send me an email or facebook message me if you are going to be through that process! xoxo - chrissy racho

Michael and Dana said...

I had the same problem! My midwife "stirred things up" for me on one of my last visits. I was to be induced on my due date otherwise I would not be able to have my birth plan. lol. I ended up going into labor that morning on my own but they induced me anyway to get things rolling. Pretty soon!!! Can't wait to hear!!!
And I am still so jealous of how great you look! UGH. I swewar to you I was a house.