Thursday, August 20, 2009

What's annoying me lately....

I think I have been a very happy pregnant girl so far if I might say so myself. I have been able to do all the things I would normally do (with exception of drinking really) and Adam has it good because I don't pull the "I can't do anything physical around the house nonsense". Since I am "officially overdue" by 4 days now, I have noticed this increasing feeling of being annoyed by just about everything. And because it is easier for me to vent this way instead of tearing into people I figured I would take a minute out of my day here at work to do so....
  1. The foot in my right rib that has been there for almost 2 straight months now is literally killing me - if anyone wants to know how this feels let me know.
  2. Walking into work for the past 2 weeks every day and being asked (no more like yelled at) "You're still here" is more than annoying, it gives me the right at any given time to punch someone. Like I really want to be coming to work right now? SERIOUSLY people.
  3. Being stared at while at the gym by strangers who are thinking 1 of 2 things - "Why is she still here working out" and "When is she going to have that baby already"
  4. People who tell me to "Sleep now, because when the baby gets here you're not going to get any sleep". Well guess what - since January, no make that December (when I was sick with bronchitis) I have slept like absolute crap. I get 5 hrs a night but broken up, on a good day I get 6 hours. Here is a typical night for me - Go to sleep at 10:30pm up at 12:30am to pee, then back to sleep which usually doesn't happen until by 1:15-1:30am or so, and up again at 3:30am to pee, then back to sleep only to hear Adam's alarm go off at 5:00am over an over again until 5:30am when I LITERALLY kick him to get up out of bed. And I haven't even mentioned how looking over at Adam sleeping so soft & sound for another day is going to make me puke.
  5. Being told have you tried walking, washing/scrubbing the floors, eating pineapple/eggplant parmesan/or spicy foods yet to get labor started? UM YES I have - more than once & none of it has worked.

Ok so I am going to stop my rant now. I can go on for a few more but you all get the point. When Baby Elias wants to come he will come, and if not he will be out by force next week. Let's just hope between now and when they want to induce me I can get my mind off from having this baby and enjoy my last few days being pregnant. I think the movies are in order for this weekend for Adam and I, and another manicure & pedicure for me...other than that not sure what else is in store for the next few days!

5 comments:

JRVMSV said...

Have you tried sex? ---J/K

They are staring at you in the gym because they are thinking "Gee I wish I look half that good when I'm pregnant!"

Krissy said...

HA! Yeah I get that alot too Jess...thanks I forgot to list that one.

RunnerGirl said...

I get the "why is that pregnant lady still exercising" stares all the time, and I'm exhausted from telling every single person that asks that YES, it is okay for me to be exercising while pregnant :)

Hang in there!

Jess said...

You're totally allowed to be annoyed at this point, and you have been an exceptional pregnant lady.

I was downright irritable at the end too!

Jess said...

Oh, and I think my husband got more sex int he last 2 weeks of pregnancy than he'd gotten in the previous two months, and yeah, didn't do a thing! Of course, I hope he enjoyed it then, because it'll be awhile now...