Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Daycare visit & this weeks happenings



Well Hello Everyone!


Sorry I have been so distant from the blog! I have been wanting to put up an entry for 3 days now but you know how it goes with those newborn babies...they totally let you know who the boss is real quick! hahaha...


Anyways, things are going great over here, Elias is growing so fast it seems. He gets heavier everyday! The car seat carrier is getting to be a workout to lug in an out of places! Elias is smiling allot more these days it is so much fun to see him be more interactive every day.


So the big day for me to return to work is November 2nd and I am not looking forward to it. I truly enjoy being home with the little guy & never thought I would say this but being a stay at home mom would be awesome. That isn't in the cards for us so I have to get over that real fast! But we did find a great daycare up the road from our house that is super convenient and it is in a home which we liked.

Anna & Sarah (they are mother & daughter) will be Elias's daycare providers and we instantly connected with them/felt really comfortable at their home. I am so happy our friend Nicole put us in contact with them because in our search we found some doozies out there, a few places were truly just terrible, it was scary. Also, Adam's parents are going to watch Elias one day a week on Wednesdays. I am sure Eli will love to be spoiled for a full day with his grandparents one day a week!

This Wednesday Elias and I visited Anna's house so he could get acquainted with daycare & meet them both. He was a saint while we were there, no crying just taking it all in and being really chill...I told them to watch out! hahaha..that is not how it is all the time! The other kids loved him except for the 3yr olds, they could care less about him they were totally just playing with their toys! The 11 month old & 2 year old were all about Eli, they were staring at him and were mesmerized by another baby it seemed. There is another boy that will be going to the daycare too that I didn't meet that day and he is close in age to Eli, only older by a month and a half.


Here is a picture of Elias with Anna & Sarah from our visit


This past Sunday Adam dressed Eli after he was bathed...can't you tell?? hahaha...





Well got to run for now, I am going to meet up with a girlfriend for a walk with Eli and then when Adam comes home today I want to make it to the gym....only 4 more pounds to loose of the baby weight!! Woohooo!!


Plus my running is getting back to a level where I plan on doing my first timed run on the 24th, it is a 5K. I plan on signing up next week for it , once I officially sign up for it there is no turning back so that is added motivation to push myself just a little harder :)

1 comment:

Tamara & Ed said...

Eli is getting so big! I know it is such a cliche thing to say, but really man! I cannot wait to see him this weekend. I will definitely be going all "elmira" on him- just you wait!