
The Amica Iron Horse 1/2 Marathon I ran this past Sunday went really well! It poured rain for the first 5 miles but then it let up. There were some highs & lows when I was running but overall I think I did good for my first 1/2 marathon distance run. I have done a full marathon in the past & a bunch of other distances in between but I think I really liked the 1/2 marathon distance.
My time was 1:57:03, I ran a 8:56 split, my goal was to beat 2 hours and I did it!! I think I am setting a new goal to run another 1/2 this year and maybe a full marathon. I am still searching for the right full marathon to sign up for because I have so many weddings & tied up weekends.
Crossing the finish line and having Adam there with Eli was the best :) I wasn't sure if Adam would get out there with Eli because the race is a 1/2 hour from our house & it was raining, not to mention the terrible storm warnings we had. I guess Adam took a chance once he saw the rain let up and put Eli in the car and it all turned out fine!
After the 1/2 I went home and was craving eggs!?! Weird. I really wanted a bagel with cream cheese and an omelet. So that is exactly what I did. All I ate at the house before I left for the race was plain oatmeal and my coffee. I just don't have a huge appetite at 5:45am, but really who does? Then after I got my race bib & packet I had half a cheese stick but couldn't finish it. Maybe it was nerves?
Later in the day, Adam did yard work while we had a break in the crummy weather we were having. Eli and I went to Adam's parents house to take a dip in the pool. Eli seemed to really like it too! It was his first time in and he was relaxed and calm! I think I am going to check out our town pool for the mommy & me classes for this summer. I grew up in the pool ALL SUMMER long and by the beach; so I have very fond memories of learning how to swim at a very young age in grandparents pool. I hope Eli will grow up to be a little fish in the water just as I was. Actually, I think the term was "water rat"...but hey I did love being in that water!
Here are some pics from our dip in the pool. Eli is having a blast with Meme' in the bottom picture!


My time was 1:57:03, I ran a 8:56 split, my goal was to beat 2 hours and I did it!! I think I am setting a new goal to run another 1/2 this year and maybe a full marathon. I am still searching for the right full marathon to sign up for because I have so many weddings & tied up weekends.
Crossing the finish line and having Adam there with Eli was the best :) I wasn't sure if Adam would get out there with Eli because the race is a 1/2 hour from our house & it was raining, not to mention the terrible storm warnings we had. I guess Adam took a chance once he saw the rain let up and put Eli in the car and it all turned out fine!
After the 1/2 I went home and was craving eggs!?! Weird. I really wanted a bagel with cream cheese and an omelet. So that is exactly what I did. All I ate at the house before I left for the race was plain oatmeal and my coffee. I just don't have a huge appetite at 5:45am, but really who does? Then after I got my race bib & packet I had half a cheese stick but couldn't finish it. Maybe it was nerves?
Later in the day, Adam did yard work while we had a break in the crummy weather we were having. Eli and I went to Adam's parents house to take a dip in the pool. Eli seemed to really like it too! It was his first time in and he was relaxed and calm! I think I am going to check out our town pool for the mommy & me classes for this summer. I grew up in the pool ALL SUMMER long and by the beach; so I have very fond memories of learning how to swim at a very young age in grandparents pool. I hope Eli will grow up to be a little fish in the water just as I was. Actually, I think the term was "water rat"...but hey I did love being in that water!
Here are some pics from our dip in the pool. Eli is having a blast with Meme' in the bottom picture!


2 comments:
You are amazing! I was just complaining to Nikki about how turning 35 has already started to effect my body. I will never be able to do what you do! Holy crow its impressive!!!
Goodness your little man is sooo freakin cute!! and happy. always with the huge smile that just lights up his face. Always makes me smile when I see a pic of him.
awe thanks Dana! If I were as tiny as you I would not work out at all!! JK...I enjoy running :)
Post a Comment