Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Finish line in sight!


I am 2 days from my due date and yesterday's visit to the docs I was given an option to get induced if I don't go naturally this week. I know there is a higher probability of intervention when you get induced (vacuum/forceps/potential c-section) but I as I am feeling now without any progress with my dilatation I opted for the induction.

I will find out this week if it will be Monday or Tuesday (the 28th or 29th) but the end is in sight, what a relief to hear! My doctor clearly can tell I am drained on many levels - as I have described on this blog in the past but to top it all off, my back is a mess this past week & Eli gave me his lovely germs. I have a full blown out cold/congestion and I am just trying so hard for it not to come to a head and turn into my signature bronchitis I usually get.

The hope is that I go naturally before the induction. Every time I cough with this dam cold I have I feel like my water is about to break so you never know :)

On another note the weather here in CT is kind of funny. This past weekend was really nice, what a change from the crummy weather we have been having and then all of a sudden on Monday we wake up to the crummy weather again! Of course after I cleaned my car on Sunday and put away my snow brush/ice scraper, we get snow the very next morning! Gotta love CT weather. Eli did have a blast being outdoors quite a bit between Friday-Sunday. It was good to get him fresh air too, I think it helped with the tail end of his virus. He really enjoyed washing Adam's truck with him. Here are some classic pictures of Eli having a blast with Daddy!

4 comments:

runner26 said...

Good luck! Must be exciting to know it will happen soon!

Jess said...

I was induced with Norah, and while it was a long process, I was still able to deliver her vaginally with no complications or extra "stuff" of any kind. And I recall what a relief it was to schedule that induction -- I remember cryign with relief because I just wanted to move forward!

Good luck with everything and I hope to read a "birth report" sometime in the next week or so!

Unknown said...

You should go for Tuesday, then Baby Pavelcheck 2.0 can have the same birthday as the Sharonee! haha

Tamara & Ed said...

Kids love washing cars! Eli looks like he is having fun and probably got fairly wet in the process. :) I hope the clock ticks down very fast...looking forward to meeting baby #2!