Well since I have returned to work I have tried to stay on top of my fitness and I think I have done a pretty good job so far. You know considering my poison ivy drama.... After my last post I went and tried over the counter cortisone cream that seemed to help Adam's poison ivy, and that back fired on me big time. I got burns all over my legs!! This just proves once you have a baby your body is all out of whack because I am typically not sensitive to anything like topical creams.
It took some time to heal and I am like 90% better where now my skin is just discolored and that will take time to fade, but hey the poison ivy is gone! I have to look at the bright side of all this!
I have been working out before work and there are many days I just don't want to but I am happy I am pushing myself to keep up. Working FT and wanting to be with your kids after work is such a challenge to fit in any exercise. I have decided I have to do it before work which poses some challenges with nursing a baby but I am working as best I can with it. My only other option is going to the gym at 8:30pm after the kids are in bed and lets be honest, I am just not into it at that hour.
The morning workouts are cutting it for now and my weekend workouts of course. The only thing crummy about my morning workouts is that they have to be quick. I have to be in and out of the gym in an hour if I have a gym day. If I go running straight from my house I am limited to a 4 mile run - anything after that I am pushing it with when Adam needs to leave the house for work. I just can't get up any earlier than 5am like I am now, so it is what it is.
Luckily I have a friend who is getting married soon and is totally focused on the good old "wedding diet" so we go power walking together 2 mornings a week. I also have another friend that I run with as much as possible who wants to do another 1/2 marathon together like we did last year. So we are now focused on training for that in September.
The major challenge we have had this week is the heat wave! As I type this (I am working from home today) my living room is 90 degrees. I am not kidding you. We don't have central air in our home, only in our bedrooms do we have AC units. We have such an open floor plan on our 1st floor that we would need a GINORMOUS AC that could only fit in our dining room window to adequately cool the 1st floor. Our living room has a bay window that is much older and you can't put a unit in those windows with the way they crank open.
Currently, I have 2 fans on me and Bo which seems to be ok for now and I can't work with Eli at home so he is nice & cool at daycare thankfully! When I woke up this morning to go out running it was already 85 degrees and climbing and 100% humidity, way too thick and gross out there for me! I couldn't bare the idea of running outdoors today so I am going to the gym to hit up the treadmill in the AC.
Over the weekend we have Eli's swim lesson on Saturday as usual,a long run planned for Saturday morning for me, and in the evening a night on the town for my friends 30th birthday! On Sunday, we are going to the beach with my girlfriends from college and their kiddies, so all in all we should have a fun filled busy weekend!
Hope you all are staying cool if you are experiencing this nasty heat wave where ever you live!
1 comment:
It's tough finding the time and energy to workout when you have kids and work FT. Good job keeping up with it!
Post a Comment