With regards to the title, not only is little Boden getting faster with his crawling I seem to be getting much quicker with my sprinting on the treadmill and my leg speed when I cycle. I have always noticed when I take a spin class that I just can't sprint very fast when we do flats. I felt like I was trying really hard but I just never had the endurance I guess.
I am happy to say with being consistent and taking at least 1 spin class a week since mid September (after the half marathon I ran) I am now noticing I am getting much better at it! Never had a problem with hills and jumps but now I am really working on leg speed, so that is a pretty cool accomplishment for me. Also, on the treadmill my sprinting has become much more intense. It could be because I know I am crunched for time(I go before work at 5:45-6:45am, and I want to burn as much in as little time as possible while fitting in some weight training) but I have noticed a huge improvement. I target 30 mins on the treadmill where my first 5 minutes is a walk to warm up then I run a mile at a decent pace 6.0-6.5, and the remaining 15 minutes I sprint on intervals where I allow 25 second rest/walk.
I noticed while watching Biggest Loser how hard they push these people to sprint on the treadmill and I know I had more to give in my workouts so I have kicked it up a notch. I am happy to report I can now sprint at 9.0! Obviously that is just for small durations of time but I am doing it. Since I can't get a run in on the roads due to limited daylight and my work schedule the treadmill becomes my friend during these cold winter months. Kind of like a "frenemy", I look forward to the spring so much when I am confined to my treadmill runs!
Speaking of getting faster, here is Bo working on his speed this past week too. He is one determined 8.5 month old to say the least, he wants everything his brother has and wants to do whatever he is doing!
Some other updates....our kids are killing us in the sleep department. Like literally we are walking zombies, last week my in laws took the kids for one night during the work week for us to catch up on sleep and it was FAN FREAKING TASTIC. I just don't know why Eli can't sleep until the sun comes up at the very least and why Bo keeps waking up at 3am looking to be held/get in bed with us crying his head off. I am so done with the musical beds in our house. In fact, our only wish from Santa this year is to have sleeping children! You know the kind that go to bed at 7:30pm and wake at a normal hour like at least 6am? A girl can dream.
We signed Eli up for lil' kicker's soccer program this past weekend a few towns over from us. I am so excited for Eli to have something active to do during the winter months and he needs an outlet as we all know! He is one high energy boy so this program is perfect for him, it is at an indoor sports facility and my friend Sylvia's son Jack will be in the class with him too. We just went to the open house last weekend and his first class is this Saturday. I will post some pics and updates on how it goes!
My to-do list this Christmas season is well underway, thankfully. The Christmas pictures have been done and cards have been mailed, yippie! Here are a few shots from our photo shoot. I have to say these little cuties in their matching pj's just melt my *heart*

We hope to see Santa this weekend with the boys to get the classic crying baby and freaked out toddler picture on Santa's lap! lol...
On Sunday we have "Tapas & Tinsel" at my in laws house, they have decided to start an informal Christmas gathering tradition the Sunday prior to Christmas so we are looking forward to that. I have some more Christmas cookies to bake up but 1/2 of my cookies are all done. Lots of wrapping ahead of me in the gift department and some odds and ends to pick up too for Christmas gifts. I have to stay focused this week, I don't want to be in the stores Christmas Eve! I have to admit I have been there before, this year I want to be sure I am not!
Do any of you find yourself in this situation on Christmas Eve?
2 comments:
I feel ya on the lack of sleep! Norah is often up at 5:45, or 6 am, and Caleb -- who was sleeping through the night -- has begun waking up at 3 or 4 am wanting a bottle. I know we could let him "cry it out" but they share a room and letting him cry would wake Norah, and...blerg! It's easiest to just get up, get him the bottle and be back in bed within 10 minutes.
Love the x-mas pics! They're beautiful! And, we have that same Hallmark Christmas book!
So happy you wrote that, I want to just give in and give a bottle too! some nights I do others I try to be tough, we need consistency I guess.. I feel 8 months old he should be going through the night.
Post a Comment