First Sponge Bath & Eli relaxing in the boppy pillow :)
Hi Everyone!
The first week being home with Elias has gone really well so far. Daytime T.V. is terrible but on a more important note - we had a doctor's appt. on Monday to re-check Eli's weight and it was a success because he has gained back all the weight he lost in the hospital. I don't anticipate going forward that gaining weight is going to be an issue for Eli, he has quite the internal alarm clock and knows exactly when 2 hrs has passed for his next feeding!
Another development is that we are getting some sleep! Adam moved Eli into his crib on Sunday night and it worked like a charm. We thought it might help because we have a crib wedge which elevates his upper back a bit and since he seemed to be struggling with passing gas the prior nights we felt it was worth a shot. The doctor also suggested we try gas drops called Mylicon and they have helped tremendously. We only use it at his night time feedings and the improvement was immediate so that means his gas moves, he gets back down to sleep sooner & so do we! Since this new routine started on Sunday night Elias sleeps for 3 hr clips and it is LOVELY! I can totally handle this sleep schedule and hope it last!
I know it is much too early to say we have a "real routine" because he will go through growth spurts and cluster feed soon but I do have to say I am one happy mommy lately.
In addition, we have had lots of visitors lately and I wanted to post some pictures. There are two very precious pictures below of Elias's proud grandparents that I especially wanted to share as well.


Meme' & Poppi (Adam's parent's) & Grandma (my mother)


My girlfriends from Uconn came to visit today, Elias looks like his is melting in Caralyn's arms! And Sylvia brought Jack over for Elias's first play date!
My girlfriends from Uconn came to visit today, Elias looks like his is melting in Caralyn's arms! And Sylvia brought Jack over for Elias's first play date!
6 comments:
Very cute pics, and I'm glad you guys are all getting more sleep now!
I just love your blog!!! I look at it everyday, sometimes twice a day to keep up on how everyone is doing and imagine holding Elias in my arms. Will not be down for another week or two as I'm recovering from a flu. I will keep updated via computer, facebook, etc.
Thanks for doing this for us who are not next door.
Love you all, Brenda
I am so glad u like it Brenda!! can't wait 4 u 2 meet our little guy!
Great pictures, especially that first one :)
That is a great classic bath picture! Poor little guy. I am looking forward to seeing you all this weekend and seeing how much Elias has changed since his birth!
Oh My Gosh...his expression while being held by Caralyn is priceless! He is completely taking her in. I love it!
He is beautiful Kris! So glad he is feeding and sleeping well. Hugs to the little bundle!
Post a Comment